Taylor and I

Taylor and I

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Living Simply.......

I have long enjoyed reading people's blogs, learning about their experiences, getting a glimpse of their view, sharing in their lives. I have wanted to create one for our family for a while, and given the lazy days of summer - I found the opportunity. Of course Taylor and I are blessed with an amazing large family, but for now, "our" family consists of the two of us and our dog, Mac.

I have titled this blog "Living Simply" and hope that theme carries throughout them all. I always wondered, "Who in the world has time to do one of those blog things?" But given the distance I live between my family and most of my friends, what better way to be able to share our lives? I want to share our activities with every day life. Since Taylor and I both live simply we enjoy the basics - friends, food, fun.

I made the poll of your favorite summer fruit after a conversation with my best friend, Jessica. She is a "mommy in the making" (we find out the sex this weekend!!) and we talk often throughout the day. I am sure this will not be the only inspiration one of our conversations gives this blog......

Taylor and I both love music and luckily live in a place where you don't have to go far to hear great singer/songwriters. You also don't have to go far to get great food - a local farmer's market is my favorite Sunday afternoon stop, and until now (thanks oil spill) all the local seafood you could eat.

Anyway - I guess I will begin the blog announcing our recent sucess of "living simply". We hung a clothesline in our backyard. Something I thought would be not only "green" of us, but also very southern. I remember my grandmother's growing up. We also have been using our ceiling fans more and our A/C less - both of these I think contributing to a power bill of $70 dollars this month!! It was almost half of last years!

We have made it a point to be conscious of every dollar we spend. That way when a fun event comes up (Ray Lamontagne in Nashville, taking my precious nephew to Disney World, etc) we can go full blast. Hopefully, this will pay off (pardon the pun) for our future. Well, I guess I will go get a dinner ready made fresh from local goodies, listening to great music, and having a wonderful time!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on starting up a blog! You have taken the first big step.

    We are getting ready to leave for Panama City in the morning. I hope the oil will stay away while we are there having FUN! If you and Taylor have any time, give us a call and maybe we could meet halfway for dinner one night.

    Disney is getting closer for you---it is so much FUN!!! I am jealous. If I had known about the oil spill sooner, I would have went to Mickey Land instead. Oh well, nobody would have ever thought this would have happened. Take lots and lots of pics....Andrew is going to have so many "magical" moments. Have you made any reservations for character meals...Park Fare is by FAR the BEST!!!!


    I LOVE YOU, JENNIFER AND TAYLOR (and Mac too!)

    Hugs and Kisses,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete