Taylor and I

Taylor and I

Monday, June 28, 2010

A lazy weekend in June

This was the first weekend in a while that T and I had nothing planned and would both be in town. We made plans to have no plans and it turned out pretty good. I know why we keep ourselves so busy, I get bored pretty easy.

We went to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays Friday. I have eaten at Ruby Tuesday's for lunch several times (salad bar, minis) recently but we couldn't remember the last time we had dinner there. After eating there Friday, we remember why. Overpriced food that tastes like it was frozen, heated in the microwave, and put on cute square plates. I think eating fresh food has really spoiled us because crap food, tastes just like crap. After dinner, we decided to check out Traders. Traders is the dome shaped hut on the causeway. We have passed it countless times and decided we had to see what it was like. Apparently it was the owners birthday, and man were they having a party. The building it self was really cool with a round bar in the middle and an upstairs above the bar so that you could sit and observe whatever was going on below. There was a band that turned out to be pretty good and very classic. I enjoy meeting new characters. Here is a picture from the rafters.


Saturday I cleaned up around the house, and we ran some errands. We had a little grill out Saturday night - T made a great pork tenderloin and I snapped fresh green beans and made mac and cheese.


The mac and cheese recipe was so easy and I guarantee it tastes better than anything you mix out of a box. The cornmeal I added by mistake, but it turned out pretty good!

Mac and Cheese
8 oz box of elbow noodles - boil, drain, and set aside
Melt 1 T of butter in a saucepan and add 2 cups of milk
Add 2 t of flour and 1 t of cornmeal. Stir until thickened.
Add 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and mix in noodles.
Pour in baking dish, add a little more shredded cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes in 350 degree oven



Sunday we went to church and headed over to Pensacola for a friend's bridal shower. Taylor rode with me to hang out with a friend that moved other there not to long ago. On the way we decided to stop for lunch at the Derailed Dinner. It's a truck stop in between the Eastern Shore and Pensacola and man, did they go all out. The entire restaurant was themed with cars, trucks, trains. You could even eat in an old train car. I felt like I was on an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. The food was excellent! Here is Taylor at our table, a tailgate. (and yes, that is a mini flat screen tv)








By the way -- It's a boy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment